Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Argon 18 Tri Bikes: New Horses in the Stable!

Last week I was flipping through the channels when I came across something I'd never seen before... a horse race. I mean, I've seen snippets of Kentucky Derby finishes on SportsCenter from time to time, but never a live race from beginning to end. My son was with me, who depending on when you ask him claims his favorite sport is "equestrian," so I fought the urge to change the channel. As a side note, this is also the kid who depending when you ask him wants to be "a blacksmith" when he grows up.







Anyways, it actually was a very impressive site... beautiful thoroughbreds in the starting gate, chomping at the bit to race for glory (and maybe an extra apple or two for a job well done)!

For some reason this is the analogy that struck me as I sat down to write about some new rides in Argon 18's recently announced 2016 triathlon bike line up. Let's just say there are some shiny new horses in the stable!! 

I may weigh more than 100 lbs, stand above 5 ft. nothin', and I may not wear a funny hat... but this jockey is excited to saddle up!

the Argon 18 E-119+  would give American Pharoah a run for his money

the Argon 18 E-119  (sans +)
despite its menacing demeanor, the Argon 18 E-117+ is reportedly a tameable beast

the Argon 18 E-117 (sans +)


perfect aero position


Slowtwitch recently posted this piece on the Argon 18 E-119+, which is definitely worth a look.

Main site: Argon 18


No comments:

Post a Comment