Thursday, July 25, 2013

Enlarging My Manhood

Most of the emails that hit my prehistoric hotmail inbox these days are total junk... spam, scams, and solicitations to enlarge my (ahem) "manhood" are the norm. It's gotten to the point where I hardly check it anymore. However, the other day I got an email to that account that I was actually happy to receive:

"Congratulations COLLIN SWENSON. You have qualified for the Olympic-Distance race at the 2013 USA Triathlon Age Group National Championships on August 10th in Milwaukee, Wis., after finishing in the top 33 percent in your age group at the TriUtah Echo Triathlon." 




Of course this is a form of solicitation, as they want you to drop the ~$200 to register, but it was still cool to see. As I mentioned earlier, I won't be taking the spot due to a variety of reasons, but it was still a goal of mine to qualify. 


It just wasn't in the cards for me to compete in Milwaukee this year, but hopefully in the next year or two I'll truly enlarge my manhood by qualifying and competing on the national stage.



No comments:

Post a Comment