10) If it's your first one, there are lots of other beginners at every race.
9) For the aid stations and post-race drinks.
8) Make some new friends.
7) You can start by picking a race with a pool swim if you're nervous about open water.
6) A great excuse to get yourself that Spandex body suit you've been eyeing.
5) Whatever wheeled device you've got in the garage will get the job done, or you can just borrow a bike. That's what I did for my first.
|I think this guy beat me at Ironman St. George|
4) There's approximately a 1 in 3 chance your race shirt will be wearable in public!
3) To stick it to all the animals in the wild who can swim and/or run, but can't bike worth a lick.
2) It will improve your street cred, which, let's face it, has been lacking of late.
1) To undergo an epic transformation of body, mind, and spirit!