5) We're staying at my parent's home in a small mountain town called Midway, away from the usual hustle and bustle of this time of year. It's a very peaceful setting, and the streets are traffic free. Many of the few motorists I've encountered while running actually wave as they pass!
4) Training partners: I've biked on trainers set up in the basement with my wife, dad, and brother in law on separate occasions. I've also pounded the pavement a couple times with my brother.
3) I always enjoy running through uncharted terrain... new roads to explore
2) Not thinking about my day job = less stress
1) On that note, more time to get workouts in... don't have to fit into a 60-90 min window
5) Crazy sore after playing some intense 1on1 bball against youngbloods at the rec center
4) Glitter in my bike shoes from daughter's sparkly Christmas princess dress (dress --> floor --> feet --> bike shoes)
3) The main staple of my daily nutrition has been Reeses peanut butter cups
2) Local aquatic center closed for repairs... snuck in a swim Friday at a nearby "club," but had to pay a ridiculous price for a single dip in the pool
1) Rethinking the whole triathlon thing after watching my brother, sister, and their respective others replicate this 1980's aerobic performance as part of a family "talent show." It's really shaken me up... I want those moves.