Friday, December 21, 2012

Pumped Up Kicks

Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day.  Change your oil every 3,000 miles.  Get 7-8 hours of sleep.  Shower at least once a month.  Go to the dentist every decade.  Get new running shoes every 500 miles.  These are all guidelines some authority created that we’re supposed to strive for.  While I fall short on most of that list, I realized yesterday that I’ve been especially delinquent on the last one.  For “fun,” I decided to go through my training log and tally up the miles on my Asics Nimbus 12’s.  It came in way higher than I thought… over 800! (~1300 km)  I figured it was time to gift myself a new pair.  I mean, this is the season of giving, right?  Santa, if you need a reference on my behavior you can check in with der Belsnickel he recently judged my year as admirable, I swear!  I’ve loved my Asics, so didn’t want to get too fancy with my next pair.  Asics Nimbus 13, please.  I ran in my last pair so long the series jumped from version 12 to 14, so the 13’s were significantly discounted on ebay.  Maybe there are advantages to breaking the cardinal rules after all... I mean, who needs a shower that often anyway?



No comments:

Post a Comment