Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Lesson Learned

Happy New Year!  

My wife and I just got back from a little excursion to San Diego for a friend's wedding.  It was nice to run in shorts again without having to dodge snow and ice, in addition to meeting up with Jim Nuckols while in town.  

After a nice run through beautiful Balboa Park Saturday morning, I started some post-workout stretching in the hotel room.  Somehow during this time I found myself completely enthralled in a VH1 "Behind the Music" feature on Jennifer Lopez.  In hindsight, I'm still a little hazy on the following details:

1) Why did I suddenly care about J-Lo?
2) Why was I only wearing socks?

I was performing the exact stretch so eloquently depicted below, leaning against the hotel room's tv stand, when I was brought out of my trance by a female voice I didn't recognize.  In my mind the words she uttered were delivered in slow motion: "I'mmmmmmm soooooooo soooorrrrrrrrrrryyyyy."  In my stupor I turned my head 90 degrees to the left, only to see the door closing, without getting a look at the perpetrator.  

It's safe to say she got a good look at me.

putting out the vibe

In less troubling news, I'm happy to report that my running shoes had about as cool of an inaugural run as possible, hitting the Las Vegas strip for an early morning 30 minute jaunt before continuing our drive to the coast.  I'm pretty sure my wife and I were the only two people on the road who hadn't been up all night.  We got a lot of weird looks, in addition to a few nice catcalls from some intoxicated folks.  With all there is to look at, it would be easy to get hit by a car while running down the strip.  However, even with my sense of direction, it's tough to get lost when you've got the Eiffel Tower, Statue of Liberty, and a huge billboard of the Thunder From Down Under guys as guideposts marking your path.  Thanks fellas.


if only there were some significant landmarks... 


running in San Diego was awesome

No comments:

Post a Comment