|x marks the spot|
- Take 3 weeks completely off running and biking. This was hard for me, but the great thing about triathlon is you can work on your swim during this time.
- Progressive hamstring stretching (simple toe touches, or attempts at touching) 3x a day for a few minutes each time. As we all have known since the 80’s, don’t bounce on the stretch. Just hold it.
- Get a foam roller to break down scar tissue and assist the healing process. I rolled both the good and bad leg 2x a day for a couple of minutes each time.
- Resume running very gradually. I literally started with a 5 minute jog 3x a week and only increased 2-3 minutes each week. This may be conservative, but it worked great for me.
- Continue with the stretching and rolling, even when you're back to running.