Thursday, March 26, 2015

3rd Annual Ironman Challenge: Part II

What good is releasing the Ironman Challenge Bracket if you don't reveal your picks? This year my bracket had a true Cinderella dancing all the way to the finals in Steelhead 70.3 (Michigan, USA). This was the first Ironman 70.3 race I ever did back in 2007, so it has a lot of sentimental value. To be honest, it barely got out of its 2nd round matchup vs. St. George 70.3, a race I've done the past two years and really like. However, the thought of going back for a Steelhead reunion got me more stoked than a 3-peat at St. George, and it was enough to push it past more exotic locations such as Copenhagen, Turkey, and Japan. 

Keep in mind, there are no right or wrong answers. Simply picture yourself at both races and answer the question "which one are you more excited to be at?"

Ultimately the clock struck midnight for Steelhead, as it could not overcome the many rave reviews I've heard about Ironman Mt. Tremblant (Quebec, Canada). By all accounts it's an incredible venue with pristine water, a great course, and terrific support. It is my 2015 Ironman Challenge champion. 

Who's yours??



No comments:

Post a Comment