Saturday, August 8, 2015

Ironman Chattanooga: Racing For A Cause

Chad Zeman (North Carolina) is racing Ironman Chattanooga for a great cause on Sep. 27th.  Please read his letter below and consider making a contribution towards his goal. Chad is a 3x Ironman, a former collegiate runner, and has gone 2:50 at the Boston Marathon. He has offered 6 months of coaching services for a donation of $300 to his cause. Please contact through our site if interested in this offer. Thanks!


Dear Family and Friends,

I have recently decided to take on a new challenge that will require much dedication, determination and perseverance. I can hardly believe it, but I’ve decided to compete in the Ironman Chattanooga on September 27th with Team Challenge and fundraise $5,000 to find a cure for Crohn’s disease & ulcerative colitis. Team Challenge is a fundraising program for the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America (CCFA).

Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis are known together as inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis are painful, medically incurable illnesses that attack the digestive system. It is estimated that over 1.6 million Americans have IBD, however many more suffer in silence.


Since its inception, CCFA has become the largest organization dedicated to curing IBD and has funded more than 1,100 grants for Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis research. The Foundation invests dollars wisely, funding the highest-quality IBD research anywhere in the world. The funds raised through Team Challenge directly benefit the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America to support its mission to find a cure and to improve the quality of life of children and adults affected by these diseases. More than 80 cents of every dollar donated to the Foundation goes to mission-critical programs!

















I hope my effort makes a difference in fighting a disease that affects so many people. This is where I need your help, I can’t do this alone. Please consider supporting me in this effort by making a tax deductible donation to CCFA. Would you consider donating $10 for every mile I swim, bike and run? How about $5?

Every dollar counts and I will also accept ice packs, Advil and a personal cheering section. You can also donate online to my fundraising website at:

http://online.ccfa.org/goto/chadzeman



My personal fundraising deadline is September 20th. Please help me reach my goal by then!

With gratitude and appreciation,

Chad Zeman 

No comments:

Post a Comment