Sunday, April 17, 2016

Rrrrrip Into Battle! Argon 18 E-117

If you have a young son, chances are you've heard of the Lego spinoff series called Ninjago (or maybe you're into it yourself... it does feature some sweet ninja moves). My boy is a huge fan, quite possibly the world's biggest. Upon receiving the "Airjitzu Flyer" shown below for Christmas, he memorably yelled out "RRRRIIPPP into battle" as he pulled the ripcord sending a ninja named Zane into orbit.

Rrrrrrip into battle!!!!!

I've repeated this line many times, even periodically texting family members reminding them to "rip into battle today." Such wisdom!

On that note, I picked up my new Argon 18 E-117 last week, and I think it's only appropriate to name it "Rip." Here are some pictures, comparing to my old ride. My Felt B16 will always have a special place in my heart, but I'm excited for the upgrade!


"The truth hurts, doesn't it, Hapsburg? Oh sure, maybe not as much as jumping on a bicycle with the seat missing, but it hurts." - Officer Frank Drebin (Naked Gun)

dirty, dirty, dirty... I know

upgraded to Shimano Ultegra, along with Stages power meter on the crank
new cockpit

old cockpit, aluminum aero bars
carbon aerobars from Profile Design

old front brakes
new brakes... love this design, as they're tucked out of the wind. Very clean.






with this set up my Speedfil hydration system (for 70.3 & IM) was always awkward

on the other hand I love the hydration options on the Argon (see 5 screws on both tubes)




rear brakes on the Felt were pretty cool, tucked down low on the frame
that said the Argon system is way more aero, tucked out of the wind like the front brakes

attention to detail is obvious... the two little "nubs" on the top of the frame come out
and facilitate adding a food-carrying system (Bento Box, etc.)



no longer have to mark my seat height with a Sharpie


Main site: Argon 18

No comments:

Post a Comment