Saturday, March 23, 2013

Bring it on, Wind!

Earlier this week I saw the following message from the Ironman 70.3 SG race directors on Facebook: "Being the US Pro Championships we have spotlighted one of the most amazing Pro fields ever, but we want to let you know how excited we are to host all the amazing age groupers toeing the line on May 4th. Reply in 3-5 words saying why YOU are doing St. George!" 

I don't usually respond to stuff like that, but for some reason this time I typed out the first thing that popped into my head...  "Bring it on, wind!"  


This video gives a recap of last year's race, the last year for the full Ironman distance. The few seconds from 1:54-2:01 sum it up pretty well.


Hard to believe that it's almost here again, albeit a 70.3. I'll be in Charlotte for work tomorrow through Wed, but then excited to spend a few days training in St. George. I'm fully expecting tough conditions again on race day, but hope the RD doesn't overcompensate by canceling the swim if there's chop. Windy or not, here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment