2015 Goals & Plan
I turned 40 in 2014- and everything I have been told about training, injuries, nutrition, etc. is all coming to fruition and not in the best way! The past couple of years I have considered my goals but not written them down. I believe my lack of follow through has taken me on a repetitious cycle, one that I would like to change! So I am writing my goals as a focal point for myself- and to keep my eye on the prize…
My 2015 race plan:
1. Get more 5k races in throughout the year, as well as TT’s & Hill climb bike races (May-September)
2. May- Gold nugget sprint triathlon
3. June- Eagle river sprint triathlon, Boise 70.3
4. July- ??
5. August- Lake Stevens 70.3
I would like to get two Ironman 70.3 races in this summer; Lake Stevens is easy to get to from Alaska and a beautiful course, and Boise is our team’s “Western Regional” event for 2015… I have also had Leadman on my calendar for 3 years but never made it, maybe this year??
- Get my 500 swim time down to a 6’30 (editor’s note: daaaamnnn, girl!)
- Get my Sprint tri time between 1’00-1’10 finish time
- Break 5’20 Half Ironman*
- Average 20+ MPH on my bike TT
The next 6 months is about:
- Continue swim focus, communicate with coach
- The gym: lifting and working core- keep a strong back this year
- Keep focus on bike trainer throughout winter months
- Getting my running mileage up and keeping it there
- Getting lighter- which means less cheeseburgers and pizza (my weakness)
- Staying injury free- listening to my body
- Finding balance between training and family
I am training to my own schedule, so I hope that I am keen enough to meet these goals. More than anything, I am tired of feeling defeated. When I look at the end of each season I see what I intended to do and what I really did. I want more than anything to look back at my goals and see that I did the work- because I know if I do I could have one heck of a season!
Triple Threat Resolutions: From the Desert
TTT Profile: Joleen "The Ice Queen" White